“30 and 1 years I have sat in this hut/the thatch is dry in the summer/damp in the late Fall/but the tea/it is always hot”, the Large Cast iron Teapot splendidly captures the sentiments of this late Muromachi period Zen poet. With the Large Cast Iron Teapot you can guarantee your tea, whether green, herbal or black (its specialty) will be just right and pleasantly steamy. This teapot has a removable mesh pocket for easy cleaning and allows you to enjoy loose leaf of all varieties. Make this excellent pot part of your holiday festivities, whether it is as a gift for others or maybe a well earned gift for you to entertain groups of friends and family.
FREE SHIPPING + FREE RETURNS
Material: Cast Iron
- Before you get to cleaning teapots, make sure that it is empty and give it time to cool off. This time allows the metal to shrink back to its original side and therefore makes for an easy wash.
- Rinse the teapot with some lukewarm water, and do not add any detergent or dishwashing soap while doing this.
- Avoid using rough pads while trying to clean the teapot. You don't want any scratching going on because once the inner coating gets exposed, rusting will be imminent and eventually destroying the teapot.
- When done rinsing, wipe the pot with a soft clean cloth. Make sure you get every part, especially the inside of the pot. You then proceed to wipe the outside of the teapot. Get to the shoulder and undercut parts ever so gently.
- Put it in an upside-down position somewhere that it can get a light breeze and allow it to air dry
- During cleaning, some water can make bring in some rust. Specs of rust are imminent. The rusting can, however, can be remedied through a soft brush. Use it sparingly and gently. You want to keep the crust glowing.
- Fill the teapot with boiling water to the brim and add some tea leaves. Cover the teapot with its lid and let the tea leaves steep out for about half an hour. Get rid of the tea leaves and pour out the water from the pot. The tanning that is in the tea reacts with the rust forming a natural seal and prevents it from happening again. If you do this often, then you have yourself a lifelong kettle.
- 30 Days Free Return
- Free Worldwide Shipping
- Secure Payment