For thousands of years, tea has been one of the most popular beverages around the world. According to the Chinese, tea was discovered by their Emperor, Shen Nong, back in 2737 BCE. He is supposed to be the first person to have discovered this wonderful drink. The story goes that the Emperor was sitting under a Camellia tree with a pot of boiled water. Some dried leaves fell into the water and steeped, creating the very first pot of tea.
From Shen Nong to the present, tea has become a traditional drink in many cultures and countries. There’s even a long book called The Book of Tea by Okakura Kakuzo (1906), which discusses the cultural aspects of tea for the Japanese. It’s a classic, which also describes the Japanese tea ceremony in the most beautiful way. If you write about tea, you must read this book.
This article won’t be about the history of tea, but it will cover how to write guest posts about tea! If you have a blog about tea, guest posting is a wonderful way to get more traffic to your blog and for your products.
In this article, we’ll cover what a guest post is, how to write tea guest posts, how to find tea guest post opportunities, and we’ll help you find tea sites accepting guest posts! Let’s get started!
We have Guest Posting rights on more than a dozen Tea & Coffee domains with great DA level and traffic. If you are interested in a guest post on topictea.com and other Tea & Coffee domains, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to write Tea or Coffee Guest Posts
The very first thing we’ll cover is “what is a guest post.” A guest post is very different from a post written for your own blog. A tea guest post is written for someone else’s blog. They will host you as a writer on their site.
Guest posts are a valuable way to gain a reputation in your industry while also earning more traffic for your blog and the products/services you may offer. In other words, guest posting is a type of marketing tool, one which is extremely valuable for the hosting blog and your own blog.
Before you can write a guest post, it’s essential to know the guidelines. Here are the points to keep in mind about guest posts:
- A tea guest post must be well-written.
- Your guest post must be on-topic and provide value to the readers on the hosting blog.
- A guest post must be written so that readers will share the post across social media. Sharing draws in more readers/traffic.
- If outbound links are used, they must be relevant (on-topic) and provide value.
Almost anyone can write a guest post, as long as they keep these key points in mind. It’s extremely important to ensure your post provides value for you and the hosting blog. Otherwise, it’s a waste of time for you both.
The length of guest posts will vary. Each blog that accepts guest posts usually has their own guidelines and rules on how long the post should be. Some guest blogging requirements may ask for a post that’s 500 words, while others will want 1,000 words or more. Each site is different and will have its own guest posting rules.
Another important element of the tea guest post is the headline. Here’s a list of the most common/popular titles for guest posts:
- What is…
- How to…
- Tips for…
- Examples of…
- Best examples of…
- Benefits of…
- Alternatives to…
- How to fix…
- How to use…
- How to integrate…
- How to cancel…
Keep in mind that you’re writing content, not about yourself or your site, its products, or services. Instead, your post needs to focus on a topic that is relevant to the blog you’d like to write for. Your goal is to be seen as a knowledgeable leader in the industry. While the post needs to be relevant to the readers and the host blog, this is a great way to earn new readers for your own site. You just have to remember not to write about yourself, your site, the products and services you offer. This is essential.
So, an excellent guest post needs to be on-topic and relevant for the hosting blog. How do you find a topic that might work for the site’s readers? This is where you’ll need to do some research on the host site. Go through their content and look for topics that standout. These will be posts that have the most comments.
While reviewing the posts and searching for relevant topics, remember to find those keywords that work with the tea topics on your own blog. This is important for SEO purposes. SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is important for you and the host site. Search engine optimization means focusing on keywords and key phrases that readers use to search for information online. Be sure to find keywords that are relevant to your blog and the hosting site. This way, you’ll get more traffic for both sites at the same time.
When you’ve finished researching the host site, and it seems like a good fit, then it’s time to find their guest posting rules. This is the last thing to do before writing your post or pitching a post idea. It’s crucial to follow these guidelines closely. They may have rules on the font and font size, including images and more.
Pay special attention to whether or not links are allowed within the body of the tea guest post. You may find the site may allow a link back to one page on your site in the author bio. Again, this is essential. Some sites will not allow links to other websites, including your own, in the post itself.
By not following the rules, your post could be in danger of being rejected for not following the rules. Some sites are extremely particular in their rules, which you’ll need to take seriously.
Here’s a note that’s essential for pitching or submitting your post, which is vital to remember. When pitching or submitting your post, pay close attention to the email address to send the post to, as well as any names associated with the email address. Don’t forget to include the person’s title, too. This method makes your pitch or submission more personal, and you can reach out to the editor or site owner directly, rather than sending a generic pitch/submission message with your tea guest post.
Your goal is to write an excellent post focused on a topic that’s important to the hosting site’s readers. The topic can also tie in with your own blog, but no mention of your blog, your business, or yourself should be included.
As mentioned earlier, some sites will allow you to place a link in your author bio. Make sure this link is relevant and not spammy. The editor on the hosting site will check this in advance, so follow the rules. Your goal is to write an informative, relevant tea guest post for the hosting site. The return for you is more traffic back to your own tea blog.
How to find Tea or Coffee Guest Post Opportunities
Now you’re ready to start the search for tea guest post opportunities! Be patient—this process can take a while in some cases.
A great way to start searching for tea guest posting blogs is with a Google search. You can use these keyword phrases to find blogs accepting guests posts:
- Keyword “submit a guest post”
- Keyword “accepting guest posts”
- Keyword “write for us”
- Keyword “contributing writer”
- Keyword “submit blog post”
- Keyword “contribute to our site”
- Keyword “guest column”
- Keyword “guest article”
- Keyword “guest post”
- Keyword “guest post guidelines”
For example, you can do a search like this: “tea submit guest post.” In this example, “tea” is the keyword. This word, of course, will vary depending on the topic of your tea guest post. However, this is the best way to find blogs and sites that are accepting guest posts. Remember, it can sometimes be a process that takes some time. Don’t give up—keep searching until you have a list of tea sites accepting guest posts.
One tool you can use to help keep everything organized is Excel or another spreadsheet app. The spreadsheet can keep all the information and notes you find on each site.
Keeping all the information for each tea blog that looks like a good fit is a great way to make your work easier. You’ll have all the information for each blog in one place. This way, it won’t be necessary to go back and forth to each site again.
Another way to search for tea guest posting opportunities is through a social search. You can use the same keywords presented earlier; just use them on the different social networks. These include Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and more.
All you need to do is put the keywords or key phrases into the search box on each site. Run the search and then review what comes up. Again, be patient. It may take a little effort to find the best tea guest posting opportunities available. We can assure you they’re out there!
You can also join communities or forums to find tea guest posting opportunities. Some tea sites may put out a request for guest bloggers through these networks, too. Some communities to consider are Reddit, LinkedIN, Facebook, Slack, and even tea forums.
It’s usually required that you become a member of the community before you do a search. So, if that’s the case, then it’s important to really take part in the community. This is another method that can help you gain credibility and trust. However, always be honest and sincere when interacting with a community or forum.
Participate in discussions, offer solutions, and share resources relevant to the specific group. Building relationships and gaining trust are part of the process. In fact, you may even find that site owners and bloggers may approach you directly with guest posting offers.
Remember, as you search for tea guest posting opportunities, keep all the information organized in a spreadsheet or another app. You’ll save time and effort in the long run. And when writing your guest post, make sure the topic is relevant to the hosting site, as well as your own blog. Then follow the rules for each site, and you’re sure to be a success!
Tea List of Tea & Coffee Sites Accepting Guest Posts
To help you get started with the search, we’ve put together a list of sites that are accepting tea guest posts! One note, the URLs we’re sharing go directly to each site’s submission guidelines.
As you review the information for each site, be sure to pay attention to the keywords and phrases in the included URLs. This will help you get an idea of the keywords/phrases to use when looking for additional tea guest post opportunities. OK, let’s get started!
1). Japanese Green Tea Co.
This site is all about Japanese green tea. Some of the topics covered on the site include “How to enjoy green tea,” “Green Tea & Japanese Culture,” “Green Tea & Health,” “New & Updates,” and more.
The URL above has notes on what this site is looking for in a tea guest post. However, there are no specific guidelines given.
So, the site is probably looking for you to pitch them a topic idea for a tea guest post. Remember to use the form and not their generic email address. There are no contact details shared. They just ask you to fill out the form and say they’ll get back to you within 24 hours.
2). Honest Food Talks
Honest Food Talks is a site that’s geared toward “an online community of globetrotting foodies.” While the site does say it tries to offer reviews from restaurants in Asian countries, they also accept guest posts on the subject of tea. We made sure by doing a search on their site.
Some of the tea posts covered these topics:
- The Tarik Recipe, Irresistibly Easy to Make at Home
- Honey Boba Recipe, Make Honey Milk Tea at Home
- Brown Sugar Milk Tae Recipe, Make Tiger Boba or Mudflip Tea
- Rose Milk Tea Recipe with Boba, Rosebuds, or Syrup
Tea guest post requirements include:
- Post must be 1,000 words or more.
- They ask you to include 2-3 images—see their notes for specifics.
- You can write in either first or third person.
- Each paragraph should be no longer than 3-4 sentences.
- Use subheadings to break up the text.
- Submit your post in a Word document, with images attached.
- They will not accept duplicate content or posts that have been previously published.
- Topics can include reviews, guides, opinions, tutorials, and recipes.
It may take 1-2 weeks before they get back to you. They may send you editing requests before publishing your article. They will let you know once the content has been published on their site.
This is only an overview of their tea guest posting guidelines, so be sure to read them through yourself before submitting a guest post.
3). Drink Coffee Tea
This is a site that focuses on tea & coffee news, product reviews, & gift ideas. The good news is they’re accepting guest posts! However, you’ll need to go through and read their tea guest post guidelines before writing a post. The guidelines for this site are more strict.
Here’s a highlight of this site’s guest posting rules:
- Content needs to be interesting, informative, and accurate.
- Articles must be unique and longer than 1,000 words.
- Spam or spun articles will be rejected. They require original, high-quality articles that bring value to their readers.
- Writing must not contain spelling or grammar errors. (Hint: for sites like this, you may want to use the free version of Grammarly or another free proofreading service. The free versions generally take care of all grammatical errors. It’s like having a proofreader do the work for you, and it’s very easy!).
- Articles must be related to tea and/or coffee or about lifestyle and mention tea/coffee to be relevant to the site’s readers.
- When the article is published, they will own the content and the rights. However, you will be credited with an author bio and backlinks.
- You may be required to write responses to questions from readers of the article.
- The site says they will not accept just any guest post. If you don’t follow their submission rules, your article will be rejected.
To submit a post, follow these directions:
- Contact them with the form on the URL above and include the title “Guest Post Proposal” at the top of the article body. If you don’t include this text, your article will be rejected.
- Provide the site that you want to link back to—this means they will check to make sure the link leads back to relevant articles/products/services. No spam allowed.
- Provide 2-4 example titles they can choose from.
Once you’ve submitted this information, it may take 2-4 business days before you hear back. The only contact listed on the page is “Claire,” but no title is included.
Remember to read and follow the guidelines if submitting a tea guest post to this site. They are very strict.
4). Plum Deluxe
This site is all about tea! While they do accept tea guest posts, the site does have some strict guest post guidelines. We’ll share the highlights with you here.
What they require in a tea guest post:
- They ask you to read their philosophy, read several newsletters, and listen to an interview with their founder (links are provided on their site from the guest post guidelines page).
- They cover these tea topics: themed entertaining/occasions; teatime topics; spiritual/mindset/well-being.
- They ask you to pitch your article topic to them—it must be approved before you can submit a post.
- Use the form (included on the guidelines page) to submit your topic for review. It may take them a month or more to get back to you.
- If they accept your article idea, then they’ll also include information on the scope, format, and other information, including deadlines & details.
- When your idea’s been accepted, then you will work directly with the site’s editors to get it all done and submitted.
- You’ll need to provide your own content, photos, a short author bio, and provide your email address on gravatar.com from the author bio.
- They would also like to see examples of your previous work.
- Make sure to familiarize yourself with the style and typical content before pitching.
- All articles should be at least 500 words.
- You must agree to their terms and conditions (link provided on the guidelines page).
One more note, you may be paid for your tea guest posts. Please see the information on the guidelines page.
5). T Ching
Here’s another site about all things tea, and they’re accepting tea guest posts! This is another site that has some strict tea guest post guidelines, so be sure to read them through thoroughly.
Here are some highlights from their guest post guidelines:
- They ask you to read through their site and see if your post idea will fit into their categories. They provide information on a wide range of tea topics, which makes choosing a topic a little easier.
- This site only accepts original work, and the post must not have been previously published.
- Articles need to be between 500 to 1,200 words.
- Work should be supported with links for references and inspiration.
- Use your own images, or have permission to use, or use creative commons with commercial use allowed.
- They require tea guest posts to be submitted in a .doc/.docx or Google Drive document link, plus any images or links to the image. They state the links will be reviewed, as well as your submission.
- Guest/freelance contributors need to include a short 50-word bio about themselves and their company with links. The author bio is added at the end of the post.
Remember, these are only the highlights from the site’s tea guest post guidelines. Be sure to read through the entire page and make a note of all the specifics they require for pitching ideas and submitting a guest post.
There you have it! We hope this article will provide the information you need to start tea guest posting with other sites! We wish you all the best in your tea guest posting endeavors!